Friday, February 11, 2011

Winter Blues.

Sue and I are here at Crazy Mocha on a cold winter's Friday night. She treated me to a hot chai latte which I really like. Back when it was in the beautiful 90's this summer I used to get it iced. But spring is around the corner, the groundhog said so.

Because of fiscal austerity measures I didn't get tickets to the Decemberists concert. I did see them on their last tour so I can't complain too much. And we are going to see U2 this summer.

Today I moved into my new office at work. I now have an entire office to myself complete with a big picture window. I have spent the entire time at work since we moved to a building in the strip district 7 years ago in a cubicle in a large room that was too cold in winter and too hot in summer with four other people. And no privacy. So now I have privacy and a door I can shut and everything. It is somewhat bittersweet though as I am taking over the office from a former co-worker who was a friend and who I miss.  I am the lone "man" out AKA odd duck at work. And I'm not sure why. When I first came to OMI I had a bunch of friends and we all had lunch together and ran around. When they left I didn't seem to click with the other people who replaced them -- or they didn't click with me. Nonetheless is it rather lonely at work especially in the winter when I can't get out and walk as much. But, I am employed so I can't say too much. And I got the office because of my senority.

I miss the routine we had on Friday nights last year. We watched Ghost Whisperer, Medium and Numbers and I looked forward to coming home and hanging out with Sue upstairs while we watched TV in bed. Now all three shows are gone and have not been replaced with anything interesting. It seems as though Friday night has become a wasteland for TV. And we don't have cable so we are stuck with network tv and we only get channels 2 and 11 and 53 LOL so we're really stuck. Anyway, maybe something good will come on mid season.

I read recently that Snooki and crew are going to Italy. It amazes me how mediocrity can be rewarded. See Tony Norman's column today in the Post-Gazette. And Lindsay Lohan just stole a $2000 something necklace. Just goes to show fame and money can't make you happy or well adjusted.

Well, I've emptied my brain.  

No comments:

Post a Comment