Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday already

As I write this my cat, Boris, keeps attempting to climb onto my lap which contains my laptop. I am watching the Golden Globes. I love award shows and am looking forward to the Grammy's. They are even going to have some decent bands play at the Grammys this year, such as Arcade Fire which, so far, has not graced Pittsburgh with its presence. Chris Colfert (sp?) just won for Glee and made a great shout out to all of us who are misfits in our own socieites.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day. I am taking my mom to get a test done and have to leave the warmth of my house at 6 am in order to drive to Mercer County to get here there in time for a 9 am test. Oh, well, I think of it as doing service.  

I am looking forward this week to some great music releases. The new CD by the Decemberists -- which I have heard a preview of on NPR -- is coming out on Tuesday along with a new CD by a young band called the Smith Westerns. I also heard a preview of their new CD on NPR. NPRmusic is a great website to hear new music, read reviews, etc. A great site for music lovers.

Is it only 8:33 p.m.? It seems like it should be later. Time for me to sign off and turn all of my attention to watching the Golden Globes.

No comments:

Post a Comment